Thread: AOG in Florida--Need an assist

Default AOG in Florida--Need an assist

Folks the Display Unit for my VP-200 has died, at least partially. If I cycle the power I can see the very very faint VP-200 startup logo and the startup systems check annunciations (they are so faint as to be illegible but I know what they are) but then a blank screen with the Soft Key label boxes barely visible but the labels themselves are illegible. The DU seems to still be controlling power pins and the control unit and the switch panel all seem to be functioning fine although it's impossible know 100% for sure without a full-up display.

Does anyone have a Display unit I could borrow/rent/buy, at least to get me home? I'll be here at Pompano Beach until July 1st and across the state over in Fort Myers until July 9th (so I'd like to get it fixed by then) I'll pay for overnight shipping. Email me at tsts4us AT gmail dot com or text/call me 703-595-5453.

Thanks!
    Todd Stovall
    RV-10 728TT
    Dumfries, VA (suburb of DC)

UPDATE: A spare DU is being shipped to me to get me home. Now I have another issue. Can someone tell me on a VP-200 from the SETUP Menu, after you scroll and select "Software and Settings", which soft-key is the one labeled" "EXPORT"?

It will save me a bunch of time if I can use a thumb drive to configure the spare DU to my system. Unfortunately, I don't have my settings file with me (just the manuals and my LPW). So I'm going to basically attempt an export in the blind but I need to know which SK is the one for the export as the manuals don't have a screen shot for the Software and settings page.